Having vast knowledge of our industry is key for success. Join us for an evening of networking and top-notch education and information. Learn the basics of probate and how you can incorporate these services into your business.
5:00 p.m. Happy Hour and Networking
6:00 p.m. Dinner Program Begins
8:00 p.m. Program Concludes
REOMAC Member - $89
Non-Member - $109
Items to be discussed include:
- Access to knowledgeable title agent/lawyer with probate experience helpful
- What is title insurance, what is probate and why do investors target “probate” homes?
- Probate includes residential and commercial properties
- Relatives and heirs often do not know where to turn for assistance in managing properties
- Savvy agent, with a few tools, can develop expertise in estate sales
In addition to Probate and Trusts, we will do a quick refresh on closing delays with REO properties – what the Servicer/Lender, Broker and Attorney/title can do to identify potential issues before they become problems.
- Code violations and code liens – resolutions and mitigation
- Selling properties with code liens/violations in place – best practice
- HOA issues – Safe Harbor Rules, identifying HOA violations
- IRS liens and CC judgments
- MI Insurance
- Junior and Secondary Liens
Michelle Garcia Gilbert, Esquire
Managing Partner, Gilbert Garcia Group, P.A.
Managing Partner, Sapphire Title & Escrow Company
Michelle Gilbert has been admitted to the following practices and courts: Florida Bar, 1986; Middle District of Florida; 1988, Northern District of Florida; 2005, Southern District of Florida, 2006; U.S. Supreme Court, 2000; U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2003. She matriculated at the University of South Florida (B.A., 1982, cum laude), and the University of Notre Dame (J.D., 1985). She is a member of the following groups: Greater Tampa Association of Realtors; Bay Area Real Estate Council, Inc., Board of Directors; Hillsborough County Bar Association (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law; Solo and Small Firm; Diversity; and Military and Veteran Sections); Florida Bar (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law; Business; and Solo and Small Firm Sections); American Legal and Financial Network; Legal League 100 (Vice Chairperson, 2016-19; Advisory Council Member, 2014-19; Special Initiatives Working Group, 2017- present); REOMAC; Attorney Agent, Attorney’s Title Insurance Fund/ Old Republic; and Westcor Title agent.
She manages Gilbert Garcia Group’s foreclosure, real estate transactional and litigation, probate, estate planning, guardianship, business transactional and litigation, and corporate law practices, and oversees Sapphire Title & Escrow Company. Gilbert Garcia and Sapphire provide training and consulting to their clients, as well as sponsor monthly give back initiatives in their community.